Yesterday we rolled out quite a large change to the Hot Cross ecosystem. You can read more about it here but the TLDR is:
- There is now a unified application entry point at https://app.hotcross.com/
- You should update your bookmarks to this location.
- We added in an access portal so that users are able to KYC for compliant-facing products like IHO's and launchpads. Keep in mind that this does not include Cross Pool or anything like that. It is strictly for any product that requires compliance and we do encourage the community to KYC once for forever access.
- We anticipate smooth sailing during the next 24-48 hours and will continue to monitor things. It was quite a big change so if you notice anything strange, simply email email@example.com and we will take a look right away.
Thanks for supporting Hot Cross!
Since deploying Cross Mint out on various chains we've noticed quite a bit of odd behavior with the mints, likely because they are extremely cheap (near-free, in fact).
We pay more in infrastructure than the actual minter makes us at the moment.That's by design but may change.
We've bumped these up slightly to see if it has any effect on helping both 1) protocol runway and 2) stopping bots. Mint fee on all chains currently is around
$0.99depending on the weather. We don't charge in fiat - the charge is in the native chain asset and will always be in flux.
(P/S: No, we don't automatically do retroactive airdrops on new blockchains. We try to stay agile in our approach to incentivization.)
Other improvements include adding a disclaimer before a final mint with the following text:
By minting this NFT you agree that these works belong to you and only you. Please respect the creativity of other artists in the space. We would love you for it.
There are also two buttons that allow users to click into the hashtags #CrossMint and #HotCross to see what's happening in our ecosystem on Twitter.
This is related to the last update regarding Mystery Pools. We have now published more information about that here.
Another change in preparation for this event was adding a very prominent Twitter share button to the website for a "virality" element.
This will come in handy soon.
Thanks for using Cross Pool!
We've made a few minor adjustments to Cross Mint.
- The Twitter share links now have a bit more color to them, including additional hashtags and emojis to bring more attention to the minter.
- There was feedback recently that the Properties area on the minter was a bit confusing, so we changed the example input there as well.
Thanks so much for using Cross Mint Beta (yes, it's still in beta because there's so much more to do with it!) on Binance Smart Chain, Polygon, and Ethereum.
We've added a new and experimental UI section into Cross Pool for Binance Smart Chain. As the message says, the premise of this
Mystery Boxarea is as follows:
- These pools do not remotely follow anything related to the general allocation layout that we have designed here.
- They are completely experimentaland up to us how we wish to run them.
- In the future we may run events like community picksor other non-pool style pools.
- Teamswho wish to be the lead feature on the entire website can now do that if they wish.
- There is no concept of "good" or "bad" APRin this section of the website. It's purely experimental if you can either participate in the pool or not. Assume that there is a reason behind every single test that is run there.
- And finally this allows us to take guesses from the community on Twitter or other locations and if those guesses are right then they might be eligible for something interesting. Social sharing is important.
Participating in these pools will also have its benefitslater but that's for another day. Thanks for using Cross Pool!
Some small but important improvements have hit Cross Mint:
- Links to Babylons are now fixed - after a mint the view is almost instant once a mint completes. Read about our partnership with Babylons here.
- Change the title on the mint page so that users know that this is a minter. I mean... it's kind of obvious that it's a minter but... you never know.
Keep minting. Never stop. Always believe in yourself and when things are going wrong just think: "I should have done a Cross Mint."
- Use Word Stakinginstead ofFarmingon cards to better reflect the purpose of Cross Pool. We're not a farming platform but more of a staking platform;
- Remove unneeded tooltip on the View button(It's a leftover from when the button was disabled);
- And improve the RPC retry logicto rotate amongst multiple RPC endpoints to reduce the risk of a failed call.
Many of the issues that come up on the view layer have been related to RPC handling and are frankly out of our control sometimes but we're doing what we can to make that process feel much better.
Thanks as always for using Cross Pool!